Question

How do I setup A/B testing properly with Transform

• 9 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello! 

I have just setup up an automation where: 

Typeform (someone fills it out) > Airtable (puts the info in spreadsheet) >Sendinblue email (an email is sent out to confirm)

I am trying to send out 2 different types of emails for an A/B test to see what converts better. 

I want to do it as such that every even number(2,4,6,etc)  entry on the airtable gets one template, while odds (1,3,5,7..) get another. 

I know this is possible because I saw it on a community post. But I am not following the post at all (maybe because I have a zap built. I saw it here. https://community.zapier.com/how-do-i-3/a-b-test-in-mailchimp-13768

I added "formatter" but I do not know how or what to put there. 

Is there anyone that can kindly guide me ?

here is the Zap.
https://zapier.com/shared/425ce383041352bc18ff9bf0fbd2338833a88269

Thank you !

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Ash_Fishman!

We’re not able to look into your Zaps but if you can share a screenshot showing the current setup of that Formatter step that’ll help give us a bit more context on what might need to be tweaked to get it working. Please remember to remove/hide any private information like names, emails etc. from it first.

Essentially the RANDBETWEEN(1,2) formula mentioned on that related topic would be used to generate either an odd or even number (1 or 2). So it would do a 50/50 split between odd or even. Then you’d either use a Filter or Paths action to determine if the number was odd or even. Then the Sendinblue action that follows the filter/path would carry out the action based on whether the rule condition in the filter/path action was met. 

If you can send over a quick screenshot showing the set up of the Formatter action we’d be happy to help further. We’ll be keeping an eye out for your reply! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

okay. 

I guess I just literally do now know what to put in this part of the zap 😅 ( I guessed utilities) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Ash_Fishman!

Sorry for the delay in this! If you’re still needing help, setup would look like this: 

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is exactly what I’m trying to do.  What I thought would make sense would be using Zapier paths. 

Path A would be based on Airtable Serial number being odd for a row.

Path B would be based on Airtable Serial number being even for a row.

However, on the path I’m unable to select what column I want to sort or have conditions on. And, I don’t understand your example above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @RV Shepherd,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Could you please send a screenshot of the issue you’re seeing where you are unable to select what column in the Paths step?

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thank you! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Looks like I got it figured out. I had to build a new Zap from scratch and it worked. If I tried to modify a Zap I already had...that is when I ran into the issue. 

The odd/even path rules may not be the most elegant...but it works. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s great news @RV Shepherd! Thanks for letting us know how you solved this by setting up different Paths to handle the odd and even numbers 🙂

@Ash_Fishman - were you able to get that Formatter action set up? Happy to further assist if you’re still getting stuck on that.