Question

How do I set Wrike task effort to match Microsoft Outlook meeting length through a Zap?

• 28 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I’m trying to make a Zap that creates a task in Wrike when an Outlook meeting is created. But I also want the task in Wrike to have an Effort amount that matches the length of time of the Outlook meeting. This is so when the task shows up in the Resource Module, the appropriate amount of time is blocked off. 

Is this possible?

I guess the workaround if not, would be to just go into the task and set it up, and I could do an automation in wrike to notify the assignee to do it when the task is created in that folder...

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Austin H. 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

Hi Troy, thank you I have created the Zap and it’s working, the only thing I need to figure out is syncing the Effort field in the created task with the duration of the Outlook meeting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Austin H. 

Does Outlook return a data point about the duration of the event?

If not, but the start/end dates of the meeting are provided, then you may need to add a step: Formatter > Date & Time > Compare Dates

I don’t think it does, but the compare dates sounds like a good step. Once I have that information, though, I don’t see in the Wrike portion, where Effort can be input. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Austin H.,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Before we dive deeper, is the “Effort” field in Wrike a custom field? If so, the Wrike integration currently doesn’t support custom fields.

However, we do have an existing feature request for Wrike to support custom fields. Please let me know if you’d like to get added to that.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hi Ken, no it’s a default field if you have a certain level of license that includes resource management.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Austin H.,

Thanks for confirming.

Could you please send a screenshot of the “Effort” field in Wrike? This is for me to get enough context.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Hi @ken.a , here you go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Austin H.,

Thanks for the update.

I’m not really familiar with Wrike, but I think if the Task Effort is enabled in Wrike, I think it will automatically apply when you map a data in the “Start Date” and “Due Date” fields in your Wrike action step.

https://help.wrike.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010852973-Task-Effort-in-Wrike

Does your “Create Task in the Wrike” action step provide “Start Date & Due Date” fields? If so, could you please map a date data on those fields and test the action step to see if it’ll apply the Task Effort you set in Wrike?

Please keep us posted!