Skip to main content

Here is what I’m trying to accomplish. Perform an based on each time period. If there are three tasks at 5 hours there is only 2 at three hours and 1 at one hour. The tasks are redundant. How would I achieve this with Paths

Example
5 Hours before - Task A → 3 hours before  → Task B → 1 hour before - > Task C Exit
3 Hours before - Task B → 1 Hour before → Task C Exit
1 Hours before - Task C .Exit

If the input time is based on a Zoom Meeting / Webinar  Id like these tasks performed before the Meeting / Webinar time. 

Also assuming no conditions are met does the zap just halts there indefinitely and wait till one is met? 

Hi @FilledVoid 

Zaps that do not meet Filter step conditions or Path step conditions will have Status = Filtered and be stopped.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: GCal - Event Start
    1. Sync your Zoom Meeting / Webinar with GCal
  2. Action: :App] - -Event]
    1. Use for the Task

Use separate Zaps for each Task.

Hi @FilledVoid,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hi @FilledVoid,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Unfortunately no. Ill try to explain my issues as clear as possible . 

Here is essentially what my flow ends with. It is a path which checks whether a certain time has reached 5 hours before an event , 3 hours before an event, 2 hours , 1 hour and then started. As you can see in the above the path works fine Which is great. But there is one problem. I have to save the time in a Formatter step using {{zap_meta_human_now}} which means that value is going to be static. As long as it falls between one of the time criteria's that is great. 

But what happens if I give no fallback path and the time saved in the formatter step doesnt fit any category . Like 10 hours before etc. I tried using the above {{zap_meta_human_now}} but even if the conditions are satisfied in my eyes the test fails . Shown in the picture below. 

The time here does not satisfy the first condition which is it DOES NOT come after 9PM although 21:06 is the time which is six minutes past 9. The conditions specified are given below 

The only thing I can figure at this point is there some kind of timezone setting include din {{zap_meta_human_now}} while testing if that makes sense. This same criteria works if I save it to a formatter field. 

So ultimately my question is. What is the proper way of doing this. I could properly make a path to delay everything till it reaches the five hour line and for everything else just go the respective path for based on the time left. But that would mean every action would queue up till 5 hours left and then run as a huge batch ? Is that even recommended? 

Im not sure of this and pretty sure Ive gotten all of this wrong and I  apologize for the huge wall of text.  

Hi there @FilledVoid 👋

No apologies needed! Hmm, what’s the trigger for your Zap?

If it uses Zoom’s New Meeting trigger for example would only trigger when the meeting is first created so then it wouldn’t automatically re-trigger multiple times for the same meeting and be able to run through each of the paths at different time intervals. So if your Zap uses a trigger like that which is only going to run once for the meeting/webinar then instead of Paths you’d might want to use Delay Until actions in the Zap to carry out actions at different times.

For example: 

1563119e9fa0db6e924cae794cf7bb3b.png

That way the Zap will be able to carry out different actions after each of the different intervals (5 hours before, 3 hours before etc.). And to get the times that you’d need to set each delay action to, you’d want to select the date and time of the meeting/webinar and use a use date modifier like - 5h to subtract 5 hours from that. You can learn more about how to use date modifiers here: Adjust date and time values in Zaps

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that or if I’ve misunderstood things here just let us know! 🙂