Skip to main content

How do I set up sequential actions in Notion without repeating previous steps?

• 20 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a notion page created for my marketing leads.. 
Im wanting to have a series follow-ups F1, F2 and so on.. 
F1 would send a text
F2 would send a email and so on.

But currently, when I trigger f2 in notion, it also repeats the f1 (text message) as well :(

I for the life of me can't figure out how to make this work.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @TakeHold,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied on Friday with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the link to your Notion page and the updated Zap! That definitely helps to get a clearer picture of your setup.

My earlier suggestion: when I mentioned refining the original path conditions, I meant that we can add an additional condition to the Zap. This condition would check if 'F1' is true and 'F1 sent' is false. The 'F1 sent' label is just a hypothetical field you could add in Notion to indicate whether the F1 action has been executed. When the F1 path is completed, we will update this 'F1 sent' field to be true.

This additional condition can help in preventing the Zap from triggering multiple times for the same action. I see you've used a different approach by adding the date to the 'F dates' section. That should work as well!

Would you be looking to add a filter condition to compare the F1 date to the current date? 

{{zap_meta_human_now}}

Described in this link here - https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496275717261-Insert-the-time-your-Zap-runs-into-a-field

Let me know if this makes things clearer or if you have any more questions! I'm here to help.

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

Thank you for your understanding.