Question

How do I set up path rules in Zapier to recognize different budget ranges from a Google Form trigger?

• 15 September 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi guys, I’m trying to set up an automation flow where it will add the client info, based on the budget they put into a google form(the trigger), however, seems like the path rules are only able to pick up one set of the number from the google form. How can I set it up so that it recognize different set of numbers?

Right now the issues seems to be if I select Response A (Budget $150 - $250), the path rules can only pick up numbers that matches response A, and won’t be able to pick up Response B (Budget $251 - $500)

For example:

Path 1: Budget $150 - $250

Path 2: Budget $251 - $500

Path 3: Budget $501 - $899

I hope I explained this well, please let me know if you need further clarification!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here is another screenshot of the overall flow

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @greysonz1997 

Good question.

This Path Filter is indicating the Path would not have run because the sample test value of 255 does not match the Path Filter conditions, which is correct.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Troy, but I have all these different number rang on the form, and under “Find new records”, I have all the different ones as well but I can only chose one…. How do i fix that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@greysonz1997 

Help article about using Filters: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

If the values are like those shown in the screenshots, then you can set the Filter condition to be like this:

[FIELD] exactly matches $150 - $250

Just enter a matching static value on the right side.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is there a way I can do this with path rules? Or it’d have to be filter

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@greysonz1997 

Every Path has a Filter, which has the same logic as a Filter: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288555917

Userlevel 1
Badge

And I already have it set to exact match. but still not working…. im so confused….

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@greysonz1997 

The Path Filter warning is indicating that the sample test values of $900 - $1500 does not exactly match the Path Filter condition of Budget exactly matches $150 - $250.

That logic is correct.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I know that…. so how can i fix it……

Also when I tried to publish the Zap, it is asking me to upgrade my plan, even tho I already paid for the Starter plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@greysonz1997 

There is nothing to be fixed.

You are testing a trigger sample value that does not match the Path Filter condition.

If you tried testing each Path Filter, then only 1 should result in a success.

To use Paths in Zaps, you need a Zapier Pro+ plan.

Or you can use separate Zaps with a Filter step instead of Paths.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Troy’s right that there’s nothing to be fixed. This is a common point of confusion. It’s just saying that if this particular record had come through then this path wouldn’t be activated. However, when an actual record comes through it will follow the appropriate path.

Note that one new feature we have is to update the values of the sample record

If you click on that Edit button in the lower right then you can edit the field you want to the value you want. Then when you re-run the path test you should see that a different one passes.

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue. So @shalgrim and @Troy Tessalone are you saying that…

1. To designate a range of values for a condition all you have to do is use the syntax “number - number” OR “alpha - alpha (ie “200 - 500” or “A - K”). So I can send leads to a specific salesperson based on the company typed in on a webform?
  2. The error that results from the TEST is normal and we instead need to trigger the event (in my case the webform) to test the functionality of the Zap path?

Thank you in advance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8
  1. No. In the example above the “$150 - $250” is an actual value that is coming in the form output. That’s why the path filter says “exactly matches”
  2. It’s not an error. All it’s saying is, look, your test value was xyz, but your filter is set up to pass on abc. And abc does not equal xyz. It’s just an FYI. You can edit your test records to match the filter if you want to test the functionality of the path
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Knowi

Probably best to create your own topic with screenshots so it gets proper attention.

If you are trying to use a range then you can use these Filter condition operators:

• Number Greater than
  • Number Less than
Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone will do. However, filters do not have “alpha/letters greater than” in the conditions dropdown box

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Knowi 

You may have to do additional data prep before you can use a Filter condition and possibly use the concept of a lookup table instead of a Filter: