Best answer

How do I set up my Zap with Square so that loyalty points are added to my Shopify store when a customer scans a loyalty card?

Userlevel 1

Looking to see if I could connect my Square POS with my Shopify e-commerce store. Specifically, what I’m looking to do is anytime a customer scans their “loyalty card” with a unique barcode using the Square POS system, I want my Shopify Store to reflect added loyalty points or credits that they can spend on the online store. Can this be automated with Zapier?

icon

Best answer by jesse 19 May 2022, 06:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @statementx, this sounds like a pretty cool idea! The first step in seeing if certain workflows are possible on Zapier is to look up the triggers and actions of the apps you’re using. 

For example, if we look up Square (https://zapier.com/apps/square/integrations) we can see that the only 2 triggers are “New Customer” and “New Order”. Out of the two, I would imagine the “New Order” trigger would be your best bet but right off the bat, I’m not sure if “loyalty points” come across, too. I would connect your Square account to check and see!

On the Shopify side, we automatically can create things like customers, products, and orders, but again, I am not sure if there is a way to then add loyalty points/credits using those actions. You can browse through the supported actions here and you may have to do some testing: https://zapier.com/apps/shopify/integrations

My gut instinct says this just isn’t possible on Zapier at this point in time. 😔 That said, if you notice these are available in the API endpoints of both apps then it should be possible! At that point, you can reach out to our support team so they can log a feature request on your behalf.

I too would like this. I am amazed that someone has not come up with this yet. Square is great for some things, like in-person checkout, but they lack things on the online side. We have customers who buy from us both ways but their loyalty points are on 2 different systems. I am looking to see if we can pull and sync the relevant data via API and use a data warehouse to sort and sync (lig big query?) I am new to this so it will probably take a while. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Cloud_seafoods! If you do manage to find a way to do this I’m sure that folks here would love to hear about it!