Question

How do I set up an Ethereum transaction monitoring flow with Zapier, including notifications and labeling?

• 5 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi! I would like to setup an onchain transaction monitoring flow, using Zapier, Etherscan, Slack, Google Sheets and a Gmail inbox. The flow is as follows: I will receive a notification once a transaction is made with an Ethereum wallet. Etherscan will send me a notification email.

Some info from that email will be sent to a Google Sheet.

Next, I want to receive a notification of the transaction (via the email or Google Sheet) in a designated private Slack channel. I want to reply on the message in Slack with a label for the reason of that transaction. That label should end up in the same Google Sheet.

I have tried for hours, but haven’t got it working yet. Would absolutely love any advise. Thanks a lot!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SanderR 

To help us have context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Thanks! Im pretty in the woods with choosing the right route to reach the goal. I think easiest would be to extract the right info from the email I receive when a transaction happened. Should I use Email Parser by Zapier to get that done?

Either way, below is one of the setups right now. With Text in Formatter I should be able to extract the right data, correct? What is the best way to specify which data should be extracted?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @SanderR,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

If the email is the same format every time, I’d say the Email Parser by Zapier app is the way to go with your workflow here so that the Zap uses less tasks.

You can learn more about Email Parser by Zapier here: https://zapier.com/apps/email-parser/help

Hopefully, this helps.

@Troy Tessalone @ken.a Thanks a bunch for your help! I got a bit further today. What I have now:

Once a transaction happens, I receive an email. Selected content of those emails are forwarded to both Google Sheets as well as a designated Slack channel.

Next, I would like to be able to reply on the message received in Slack to label (provide a reason for) that transaction. That label information should then be sent to a specific column in the Google Sheet. Any advice how to go about that? Again, thanks a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @SanderR,

Your next workflow seems a too advanced for me, and I have tried your workflow on my end and I wasn’t able to replicate it. I’d recommend consulting with our Zapier Experts regarding your workflow.

You can reach our Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps.