Question

How do I set up an email to be automatically sent to each student upon completion of their course in Teachable?

• 9 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi, we are currently using teachable/mailchimp and would like to set-up an auto email to be sent to each student upon completion of their course. Will Zapier make this happen? As per teachable they do not supply a list of who finishes the course. What is the best method for this integration.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BrainGutInstitute 

Good question.

Try using this Zap trigger: Teachable - Course Completed

https://zapier.com/apps/teachable/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Thank you so much! Will try that. Which option should I select once I see this screen shot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BrainGutInstitute 

Depends what you are trying to do in Mailchimp, but probably Create/Update Subscriber

ideally it’s to send a follow up email once they have completed the course which will include an upsell to the next course..

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @BrainGutInstitute! Were you able to get this Zap set up and working?

I was not… im trying to set-up from teachable to add the integration of zapier but keep getting an error message...

Got the integration but now getting this error...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @BrainGutInstitute - ugh, sorry you’re running into another error! It looks like this course name is a couple characters over the field limit (max 30). It’s a little tricky as spaces/hyphens also count towards the amount of characters. 

Is it possible for you to adjust the course name so it is under 30 characters? I know that’s not ideal but that should do the trick!