Question

How do I set up a Zapier trigger to email multiple recipients in a Google Sheet column when adding a new row?

• 13 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I want to create a trigger to send an email in Gmail to a person whose details are automatically added into a google sheet (creating a new spreadsheet row). 

I have managed to connect the relevant sheet and email account, chosen the trigger to be a new spreadsheet row which seems to be working fine but it doesn’t recognise the new row/email address. It only sends the email to the one recipient who I’ve selected in the ‘send to’ section of the action. The ‘send to’ category would need to be a column rather than individual recipient, no? 

Would be grateful for any advice on where I’m going wrong. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ZU London 

For us to have full context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, along with the top 3 rows of your GSheet.

@Troy Tessalone Hi Troy, thanks for reaching out. Please find the screenshots below and do let me know if you’d like any more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZU London 

Zaps work while turned ON for new data going forward. (e.g. new rows)

Have you turned your Zap ON and tested live?

Check your Zap Runs history for activity and to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step: https://zapier.com/app/history/