Question

How do I set up a Zap to update records in a Zapier table in response to NetHunt CRM changes?

• 19 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Everyone,

I've successfully configured a trigger in NetHunt CRM to initiate the creation of a new record within a Zapier-managed table each time a new record emerges in NetHunt CRM. This setup is operating as intended. My current objective is to ensure that any updates made to fields within a NetHunt CRM record are correspondingly reflected by updates to the associated record in the Zapier table. I'm unsure whether this necessitates the configuration of an additional Zap for such updates, as I did not find a straightforward "update" option among the triggers provided by NetHunt CRM. The options available from NetHunt CRM, as shown in a screenshot I have, do not seem to directly support this functionality. How can I set up a system to update records in my Zapier table in response to changes made in NetHunt CRM records? I am beginner, could you please describe a path map step by step. Do I need to create a separate zap and what field should I choose or should I need to use webhook?   

Thanks,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @HK112K 

For context we would need to see screenshot with how your current Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Try one of these triggers which includes updates.

Userlevel 1

That’s a basic step and i want to continue with it rather than creating a new zap if possible. Existing record in zapier table should be updated if any change is being made in nethunt crm records.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HK112K 

From the screenshot it’s unclear exactly which NetHunt Zap trigger you are using.

Screenshots from the Zap EDIT mode with how each step is configured is the full context we need to see.

Userlevel 1

Here, it is. 

Userlevel 1

I tried, new, updated record options but it’s not working properly in my case. I also don’t find any simple update option, if I want to create a new zap. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HK112K 

FYI...the Zap triggers for NetHunt are scheduled, meaning those can take from 1-15 minutes to fire.

If you use this Zap trigger: NetHunt - New/Updated Record (Advanced)

Then you can add a Filter as Step 2, to filter by the “change type” being “modified” (aka updated).

From what I have learned, anytime you need a record to be updated, then you have to have an action to find the record first to be able to update it- when you get to the step to update the record, you’ll use the custom value in the “find” step that found the record you are updating-  without the find step, it won’t know which record to update