Question

How do I set up a Zap to send notifications from all Zoho Projects to a Discord channel?

• 23 August 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m attempting to setup a notification from our Zoho Projects to a Discord channel.

Intended: When a new bug is added to any project, within projects, fire a custom message to a discord channel.

Issue: When using the zoho projects > new bug > Trigger, it connects to the account, but then asks which project should be the trigger, and provides a dropdown of all projects in our account. I would like to use a custom value to select all of these, including any in load more. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I dont want to set one up for each one, and I want new channels created in projects to auto populate and run this zap too.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @OrangeGray 

Good question.

Look into using Webhooks in Zoho Projects.

Zap action: Webhook - Catch Hook

https://help.zoho.com/portal/en/kb/projects/settings-in-zoho-projects/issue-tracker/automation/articles/issue-webhooks#Associate_Webhooks_to_a_Business_Rule

Thanks Troy,

It was a nice idea, but the webhooks on their side are also setup on a per project basis and not all projects.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @OrangeGray, welcome to the Community! 🎉

Are you able to get and email notification sent to you every time a new bug is created in Zoho Projects?

If so, you could set up a forwarding rule in your email app that automatically forwards those notifications to a Email Parser mailbox. Then you could set up a Zap that triggers when those emails come in, and sends a customised message to a Discord channel. 

You can find out more about how to trigger from emails using Email Parser by Zapier here: Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails

Hope that helps. Please do keep us updated on how you get on, would love to know whether that workaround does the trick! 🙂