Question

How do I set up a Zap to send Channel Talk customer messages as alerts to Slack?

• 19 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

If a customer sends a message on Channel Talk, I want to make the alarm go to Slack

How can i set zap ! plz help me ^^ 

5 replies

Userlevel 1

When I designed it, there was an alarm that our counselor and customers left on Channel Talk. Can't I just let the alarm activated when only customer leave message? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @kevin2014,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Channel Talk - New UserChat Message
  2. Action: Filter by Zapier - Only continue if the “Message Person Type”  data contains user
  3. Action: Slack - Send Channel Message

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

I really appreciate your help.

Then, can I have an slack alarm 3 minutes after the channel talk message is generated?

Userlevel 1

Let me tell you again

if our agent doesn't respond to user’s message within a minute, how can I send a channel message on Slack?

I have no idea how to filter zap 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @kevin2014,

Regarding your question about Then, can I have an slack alarm 3 minutes after the channel talk message is generated? - You’d need to add a Delay By Zapier action for this to be possible. You’d insert the Delay By Zapier step before the Slack step.

You can learn more about Delay By Zapier here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288754829-Add-delays-to-Zaps

Regarding your question about if our agent doesn't respond to user’s message within a minute, how can I send a channel message on Slack? - I don’t think this is possible since that data is not returned in the trigger step. However, if the chat gets snoozed if there’s no reply from the agent. You’d probably want to use the “UserChat Snoozed” trigger for this one.

Additionally, you can learn more about Filter By Zapier here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276332557-Add-conditions-to-Zaps-with-filters

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction!