Skip to main content

Good afternoon everyone.

We are using a board in monday to pre-screen clients. 

There are X number of Yes/No questions.  

When an item is created, I need an Approved email to be sent out if all questions are answered with “Yes” and a rejection email to be sent out if ANY of the questions result in a “No” answer.

I’m struggling to figure out the Zap setup for this. 

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance. 

Hi @techadminspark 

Try using Paths with Filters:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288555917

https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

@techadminspark 

You may be able to configure this natively in Monday using Monday Automations and the Outlook Integration.

Hi @techadminspark 👋

Were you able to get this sorted by using paths or filters as Troy suggested? Or by using native integrations within Monday and Outlook?

Want to ensure you’re all set here so do let us know if you’re still stuck at all - happy to assist further! 🙂

I haven’t yet.  

If I have 8 yes/no questions, would I set a path/filter for each Question to proceed if the answer is YES, and a another filter if the answer is NO? 

Ideally I’d like to set a filter that selects all the columns and if any of them are answered with “NO”, to proceed with a REjection email. 

Thanks for getting back to me @techadminspark!

There’s no need to set up a path for each question as it’s possible for paths to have more than one rule condition with the option to add them as either an AND or an OR condition - see our What's the difference between "and" and "or" logic in filters and paths? guide for more details.

So you could achieve this with just two paths. One path (that uses AND conditions) which checks that all the different question fields have the answer “YES”. And another path that (that uses OR conditions) checks to see if any one of the questions have the answer “NO”. You can learn more about the different rule conditions available here: Filter and path rules in Zaps

And if you wanted to use filters instead of paths for this you’d need to use two separate Zaps, one for each equivalent path setup. Check out our Add branching logic to Zaps with filters guide to learn more about that sort of approach.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that or have further questions just let us know!