Question

How do I set up a Zap to search for an exact folder name match on Google Drive based on Monday.com data?

• 11 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I am trying to build a zap that searches for a folder name on google drive as an exact match based on data it gets from a Monday.com Column. I have built the zap, however, when I have multiple folders starting with the same name, it will select any one of them to continue the Zap rather than the exact name. I have tried placing “” but still the same issue persists.

For example, I am running a search for the folder named ‘Folder1’, but the search returns any variation of this that might also be in the parent folder (e.g. ‘Folder1’ and ‘Folder2’).  Is it possible to only search for an exact match?  Is there something in the same or query that is allowing this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DigitalWithMike 

Make sure to limit the search by specifying a parent folder to search within.

You may have to explore using the GDrive API via one of these advanced GDrive Zap app actions: https://developers.google.com/drive/api/guides/search-files

• Custom Action
  • API Request