Question

How do I set up a Zap to process multiple new lines in a Google Sheet in one cycle?

• 13 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi

I have an APPSHEET process creating lines in a google sheet (new Jobs Tab) whenever the user wishes to create a new Pickup in Vwork our dispatch software, I have a Zap that picks up any new line and using Custom request in Webhooks step forming the xml and passing it to the API in Vwork to create the pickup, I then get the vwork allocated job number and update a new Tab in my google sheet with the job information and the job number, I then delete the row in the Google sheet Tab for new jobs.

This works fine if only 1 new row is added per processing cycle (which seems to be about 3 minutes)

My issue is if more than 1 line is created in the new jobs Tab i can only ever get the Zap to process the last line and any other ones are left unprocessed.

How do i pickup multiple new lines in a google sheet and process all of them?

I have tried adding Looping by Zapier but can’t find a way of passing each line in to process all lines from the google sheet.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Charter 

Help us have more context by posting screenshots with how steps are outlined and configured, along with the top 3 rows of your GSheet.

Help articles for using GSheets in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Hi

Zap for creating pickup in Vwork
Input Google sheet, this job isn’t being picked up for processing as 2 lines existed when the Zap ran and it just picked up the last line

Google sheet of successful Pickups created in vworks 
Step 1 the Trigger
API Step
Create Details in New Tab
Delete row from New Job Tab

Let me know if you require any further info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Charter 

Zap should trigger for new/updated rows.

Help articles for using GSheets in Zaps that may provide guidance:

https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

I’d recommend using Airtable instead of GSheets.