Question

How do I set up a Zap to match varying window sizes with items in Xero, based on an email quote?

• 9 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

so basically, we have the choice of getting up to 1-5 windows and all the windows come in different sizes. I have it set up now so it will read the email quote, grab the customer info and create a customer in xero, but i am not sure how to best set it up so it will check if how many windows the customer has, and then figure out what size each window is and match the size of the window with the items we have in xero (small, medium,large). I could make it work if using the zapier paths but it would be so many different zaps and just seems like theres a better way to accomplish this. please let me know if anyone can help!!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @lunawoo. Welcome to the Community! 😁

Depending on information is output from the email, you may need a formatter action to generate a list of the selected windows as line items. And you’d likely also need to use a Formatter (Utilities > Lookup Table) action to convert the window names from the email to the corresponding product IDs that Xero will be expecting. 

Then, from there you should be able to use the Custom value option to select them in the Xero action to have the relevant products selected.

Does that approach sound like it could work better? If I’ve misunderstood or you run into any issues on that please let us know!