Skip to main content
Question

How do I set up a Zap to match employee data in Google Sheets and send a text to those without login times but with a route number?

• 23 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi

I have a spreadsheet with names and phone numbers of employees (first name column A, last name column B, phone number column C).

I have software to let me know if an employee logged into the app. 

I want to download the CSV each day frmo our software, upload the file into google sheets and set up a zap to text the employee on open phone. The CSV has info for Name (col A), Login time, (col b), Route # (col c)

Issues:

1. In our software, we have the employees listed as LLL, FFF (last name 3 initials, first name 3 initials). We need google sheets to find the match of LLL, FFF with associating number 

2. Then, from what i uploaded, google sheets will match LLL, FFF from my software and whoever doesnt have a login (col 😎 BUT has a route # (col c), it will send a zap to open phone. 

My biggest hurdle is having google match the letters of their names in our software to their name in the SS (with associating phone number) and then still keeping the data for the route

AND the zap would work like this:

Send a message to any driver that DOES NOT have a login time BUT has a route #.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @danielle879235 

It would be helpful if you provided screenshots with how your GSheet is configured, and outline a specific example for us to have more context.

Also, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Elaborate about which Zap steps you are having trouble configuring.

Zap Trigger: GDrive - New File in Folder

File by Zapier Zap app can be used to handle CSV files.

https://zapier.com/apps/files-by-zapier/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Zap Action: Formatter > Text > Truncate

Can be used to truncate values to a specific length.

Info about handling line items in Zaps: