Skip to main content

Hello, hope someone can help!

I am running an event in Zoom Events that has 48 sessions.  I have created 48 different ticket types which only allow specific email addresses to access the session, but I need to find a way of exporting the customer email, first name and last name from Ticketsource, so I can pre-register them for the Zoom session(s) they’re attending. 

I’m trying to create the zap but the fields it exports from Ticketsource sales do not feature the customer email address or first / last name, so I can’t retrieve them to send them to Zoom. 

Can someone help???

@FestivalUser24 

At what point is the customer information collected, and what happens with that information after it is collected?

What trigger is used in the zap(s)? New Booking, New Event?

Can the customer information be required at the point of data collection?

I see there is a New Customer trigger in TicketSource.  Could the process flow when a booking is created collect the customer and create the TicketSource customer first?

Best regards,

Zap Support

GetUWired

The customer enters their information into Ticketsource when they buy the ticket. I tried using 'new booking' zap, then 'find event', I then couldn't retrieve the customer details. I also tried another way by having an excel spreadsheet of all the customer and booking data and trying to create a zap to find the relevant customer info, then find the relevant zoom session, then issue a ticket for that zoom session. It seems that you can't create a zap to automatically issue a ticket for a zoom session currently. Is that correct?

@FestivalUser24 

You may have thought of this, but on the booking record, is there a customer ID?  It would be great if the Find Customer action could be used to get your data.

Best regards,

Zap Support

GetUWired

Hi @FestivalUser24,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did GetUWired’s recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hello, I've given up as it seems that Zapier can't help to automatically issue tickets for Zoom Sessions within a Zoom Events hub. If anyone has an ideas, please let me know!

Hi @FestivalUser24,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Have you tried using the “Find Customer” action in TicketSource to retrieve the customer information?

510f893b6360fcc80383bb31d7c7ffa5.png
(view larger)

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!