Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I set up a Zap to find new data in ServiceTitan to start a property claim in Encircle?

• 12 July 2024
  • 4 replies

When I create a zap, run all the tests, the test data gets sent to the app I want it to in order to show me it’s working properly, but after I publish it, when the zap is running and looking for that new information, it only is looking for the test data specifically. How do I tell it to look for those fields, but not that exact data I used to test with?

To be specific, the app I’m starting with is Service Titan, when a new job is created for a specific job type and business unit, I want to take the location information (name, address, unit #, city and zip) and job # And send it to my second app, Encircle, where that information I took from Service Titan will now start a property claim. 
My connections are all good, I have green check marks in all the steps and when testing, the test info goes over smoothly. 
Then when I write up a fake job to make sure it’s working, it either doesn’t work or it will populate the new job # it found, but with the test data as the name and address.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rebecca.1 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the app/event for each step along with the field types/descriptions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Rebecca.1! 👋

Were you since able to get this solved? 

If not, it could be that the test data was manually typed into the field instead of having the values mapped from a previous trigger or action step. You can learn more about this here: 
Why is my Zap action adding the same data each time it occurs?

Hope that helps. If I’ve misunderstood the issue here or you run into any further trouble at all just let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hello! I did end up fixing it with someone’s help. Custom action coding needed to be created because it was not able to pull the location that I was trying to pull. Thank you for following up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @Rebecca.1!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗