Question

How do I set up a Zap to automatically track and update supplier inventory in my Shopify store?

• 2 September 2023
  • 3 replies

how can i create a zap that can track inventory from my supplier’s website( they have Shopify)  and update it to my Shopify store, so when a product is out of stock from my supplier website so it will automatically make it out of stock as well in my store without doing it manually.

Please 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Gorse hill 

Good question.

You would need access to both Shopify accounts.

Try using this Zap action: Shopify - Update Inventory Quantity

@Troy Tessalone Would there be a way to simply scrape for your supplier’s website inventory field and use that to update you own Shopify store? Or is there a simpler way to update inventory (without direct access to supplier website)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Krys,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

If the supplier uses Shopify, Webhooks by Zapier could be a viable option here. Please note that Webhooks by Zapier is an advanced feature so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be so different and each request can be so unique. This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected.  If you’d like to get help about Webhooks by Zapier. You can reach out to one of our certified Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts

Another option is Web Scraper apps. However, a website scraper app would only work if the inventory data is publicly available. More about that here:

Receiving a CSV file or updates from the supplier could be an option as well, but it's essential they send it on a consistent basis, perhaps weekly, to ensure the stock levels on the website remain current.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊