Question

How do I set up a Zap to automate distribute access codes to customers and update a Google Sheet?

• 9 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello!  

I am developing an online platform. I want to limit access to this platform through the distribution of access codes. I’ve generated 1000 unique codes to distribute to customers. They are documented on a google sheet. Each row in this sheet has the code itself, that status of the code (distributed v non-distributed), the contact of the customer who received that specific access code, and the date it was distributed. Here’s the automation I’m hoping to create:

1. Customer triggers automation by purchasing the access code item in my wix store
  2. From the google sheet, an access code from a row that is marked as un-distributed is emailed to the customer.
  3. After email is sent, the row that this access code came form is updated to say “distributed”
  4. In this same row, the email of the customer and the date it was distributed is now documented in the appropriate cell in this row.
  5. An email is sent to me, notifying me that said customer received the specific access code. 

I’m not sure how to set up an automation that searches for a specific cell in the sheet, inserts it into an email, and then sends it to the customer, all while updating the info of the row it just took the code from with the customers contact information and purchase date.

Can anyone help me? 

Thanks! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @diasb 

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Wix Automations - Automation Rule
  2. Action: GSheets - Lookup Row
  3. Action: GSheets - Update Row
  4. Action: Gmail - Send Email