Question

How do I set up a Zap in Slybroadcast with dynamic phone numbers from KvCore CRM leads?

• 6 November 2023
  • 7 replies

I setup a Zap between my CRM (KvCore) and Slybroadcast and I tested it a few times and it did work:

Phone Number Date/Time Status Carrier Reason for Failure
5103660578 10/11/23, 5:23pm Success T-Mobile  

Total Attempted: 1 Success: 1

This was with my cell number. I tried it a few more times and eventually it gave this error:

Phone Number Date/Time Status Carrier Reason for Failure
5103660578 10/13/23, 9:48am Failed T-Mobile Call To & Caller ID cannot match

Total Attempted: 1 Success: 0

So I want to have it do this when a new lead comes into the CRM. I seen in your FAQ that you say you have a Zap which is what made me attempt the setup so wanted to see if you could point me in the right direction as to the exact setup in Zapier for Slybroadcast as it has a destination for phone number field which can't be blank

Destination Number(s)

required

Phone 510-366-0578

Phone number or numbers you wish to send a voice message to. Multiple phone numbers should be separated by a comma. (Example: 6173999980,6173999981,6173999982, etc.).

more

Caller ID

required

510-366-0578

Phone number that you want the voice mail to come from.

In the above during testing I put in my cell number since it couldn’t be left blank, so I need to know what should go in that field or how to have the phone number from the lead in KvCore parsed into this field and I think it would work. Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @frouse,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please send a screenshot of the “Action” section of your Slybroadcast action step that shows all of the fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Hey Ken. Here it is:

This is where it pulled a test record from KVCORE:

So right now it looks like it still has the test record from Kvcore. It seems the main issue I need fixed is to send the new leads info over primarily the phone number so Slybroadcast can kick off the ringless vmail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @frouse,

Thanks for the update.

It looks like you need to remove the typed “Phone” in the “Destination(s) Number” field. After that, please map the phone number from the trigger to that field.

371551fdbf576e190ece61616a03952e.png
(view larger)

You can learn more about mapping fields here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496343026701-Send-data-between-steps-by-mapping-fields

Now, on the “Caller ID” field. You’d need to type the phone number you want the voice mail to come from.

Hopefully, this helps!

Thanks for the info. The one question I have is when I first set this up it pulled 3 test records from Kvcore(CRM) i.e.

So when I map the phone field it’s already populated with the phone number from the test record so will it attempt to send to that number or will that phone field be dynamically updated when a new lead comes in? Obviously I don’t want to send a vmail to the same number or person every time a new lead comes in. :-)

Please let me know. Thanks again I appreciate you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @frouse,

Great question! When you set up a Zap and test it, Zapier pulls sample data from kvCORE to demonstrate how the information will flow through your Zap. This is just for testing purposes to ensure that everything is mapped correctly.

When your Zap is turned on and active, the phone field will dynamically update with the information from each new lead that comes in. It will use the phone number associated with each new lead that triggers the Zap. This ensures that every time a new lead is detected in kvCORE, the correct and unique information for that lead is used in subsequent actions of your Zap.

**Please ensure that the data is mapped in the “Destination Number(s)” field and not typed in.**

Hopefully, this helps!

Hey Ken,

When I mapped the field I noticed that the number from the test record is grayed out. Just as you explained I figured it would update the field. I used to be a software tech for a email marketing company and it did the same thing by pulling a test record from the database. I did run the test and I looked in Slybroadcast and it showed that it was successful so I think it’s setup correctly. Now I just need to wait for the next new lead to confirm. Thanks for all your help I appreciate you!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @frouse,

Awesome! I’m glad to hear I was able to help!

Additionally, please ensure that you have published the changes made to your Zap. Meaning you’d need to republish the Zap for the changes to take effect.

Hopefully, this helps!