Skip to main content

Hello, I have a question regarding certain automation possibility.

Is there a way to have next zap:

1. Trigger: contact form fulfilled (for meeting booked, or time slot picked for an appointment)

2. Thank you message on WhatsApp (coming from a name of the business - or similar)

3. Reminders for appointment or meeting 

4. Automated messages for certain offer updates, or promotions, or anything similar 

Hi @Jovan Odavic,

Welcome to the Community. 

In order to set up a Zap that sends WhatsApp messages based on a contact form submission, start by using a form tool like Google Forms or Typeform to trigger the Zap when a form is submitted. Use Twilio to send WhatsApp messages, which requires a WhatsApp Business account linked to Twilio. Add a "Delay" action in Zapier to pause until the appointment time, followed by a Twilio action to send a reminder message. You can also schedule promotional messages by adding more delay actions and Twilio messages. Ensure user consent for WhatsApp messages and test the Zap thoroughly.

Lets us know if this helps you jump-start your Zap.

Thanks for the answer but integration Twilio with Zapier allows only to send SMS messages. When you click on Action event, only three options:

1. Call phone
2. Send SMS
3. API Integration

It seems like there is no option for whatsapp automation. 

Hi @Jovan Odavic,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Before we dig deeper into this, are you trying to send WhatsApp messages to your customers? If so, the WhatsApp Notification app doesn’t allow that and you can only send messages to yourself: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/19805639844621-Send-messages-in-Zaps-using-WhatsApp

384f5d4d941c23cf2c23534f368e8d30.png
(view larger)

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Hi @ken.a, thanks for the answer. I know already that. 

Please check my first message to understand exactly what I need. 

Also, please check my second message because the way @JammerS proposed to create a zap (I asked aboout) is not possible - at least with my knowledge. 

So please share your thoughts on the whole conversation. Looking forwward to you answer. 

Hi @Jovan Odavic,

I’m so sorry for the confusion here. Here’s a general idea on what your Zap will look like:

1. Trigger: Use your form service like Google Forms, Typeform, JotForm, etc., as the trigger.
  2. Action: Zapier doesn't natively support direct WhatsApp messaging. However, you can check our Phone & SMS apps for this here: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/phone
  3. Action: You can also use an email or SMS for appointment reminders

Additionally, you can set up a separate scheduled Zap for sending updates or promotions after the appointment is completed.

Hopefully, this helps!