Question

How do I set up a second Zap from Teachable that will lead to a different email list than the first Zap?

I currently have a Zap connecting a Teachable course to an Aweber email list.  I am setting up a NEW course and want a Zap that goes to a new Aweber list specific to that course.  How do I go about setting up a second Zap from Teachable that will lead to a different email list than the first Zap?  Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

You can just use Paths and tag Contacts differently while adding them inside Aweber within a Single Zap

Did you tag your Contacts and Segmented them inside Aweber?

I want them on a separate list…. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @JoyJ!

Is it that your current Zap add everyone who enrols in Teachable to a specific list, and you’re looking for a way to add subscribers to different lists in AWeber depending on the course they’ve selected?

If so, there’s a couple ways you could approach this: 

Use a Filter 
Adding a Filter to your Zap would allow the Zap to check if the user enrolled on a specific course. This would allow you to then add them to a specific list in AWeber if they were enrolled on that specific course. So you’d need to set up a Zap for each of the different courses subscribes users to the list for that course. Paths could also be instead, as Satya09 suggested, if you wanted to handle this in a single Zap.

Find out more about Filters here: Add conditions to Zaps with filters

A Lookup Table
You could set up a lookup table which contains a list of the courses in Teachable and the corresponding AWeber list ID numbers. That way you’d have a single Zap that uses a Formatter (Utilities > Lookup table) action to give the AWeber step the ID number for the list. You wouldn’t need to set up multiple Zaps to handle this workflow. 

Learn how to work with lookup tables here: Create lookup tables in Zaps

Hope that helps to get you started. Let us know if you run into any issues or further questions! 🙂

Hi Sam! Thank you for replying to my message. How would I go about setting up a separate zap for a separate course in Teachable and email list in Aweber? for some reason, I am not able to do it. 
Would you be able to provide the specific steps? Thank you, Joy
I am on a tight deadline!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JoyJ 

Good question.

Try using a Filter step in your Zap to segment the data: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Thank you for this suggestion.  I have tried to set up a filter but the right fields don’t populate to trigger the right actions.  Basically, I want different courses in Teachable to feed to different lists in Aweber (each course has it’s own email list)….there is no listing of the courses I need, even though the courses exist in Teachable and zap is set up b/w Teachable and Aweber.  What do I do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JoyJ 

Please post screenshots of all the available fields from the Zap trigger you are using in order for us to have more context, thanks.

Tony--attached.  It does not list the course names...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JoyJ

It’s unclear which Teachable Zap trigger event you are using.

We also need to see all the data points such as these from the Zap trigger.

For example, there may be a Course ID that can be used to Filter on.

The course id that I need does not populate

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JoyJ 

Can you please post additional screenshots so we have more context to review?

It’s unclear which Teachable Zap trigger event you are using.

We also need to see all the data points such as these from the Zap trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JoyJ!

It sounds like you’re having a really frustrating time, I’m sorry about that. 

It looks like you’re using the New enrolment trigger, which usually includes the course ID when the Zap is triggered. If you’re not seeing that ID in the information from the trigger, could you share a screenshot of the information that you are getting in the trigger sample? 

I can see that you’ve also opened a ticket with the Support Team about this, so you can also continue the conversation with them as they will be able to take a closer look at your Zap with you. 

I hope that helps!

Ready to give up. Shouldn’t be so hard to do this simple task. The relevant course ids don’t populate. Stuck. Bye Zap! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’m sorry to hear that Zapier isn’t for you right now, @JoyJ, if you do need help with a Zap in the future, we’ll be here and happy to help!

I actually could not get the help I needed. So so frustrated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JoyJ 

Consider hiring a Zapier Expert to help: https://zapier.com/experts