Best answer

How do I set up a filter to only post new rows from Google Sheets to Monday.com?

• 22 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone! 

I am trying to set up an integration whereby I push data from our looker account to our Monday.com account via Looker’s integration with Google Sheets.  

However, Looker is only able to overwrite the existing files as opposed to writing new lines so effectively the entire sheet is new every time new data comes in and this results in all rows getting pushed through Zapier instead of just the ones with updates.  Is there a way for me to set up a filter such that it will only post the new rows? (They don’t always come in at the bottom) 

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 June 2023, 13:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @igriboff, welcome to the Community! 

Ah, yes since Looker is overwriting the values in each row the Zap will see it as new information that needs to be sent over to Monday.com.

What you’d need to do is add a Get Item by Column Value (Monday.com) search action before the Create Item (Monday.com) action. Then you can use a filter to check whether the _zap_search_was_found_status field is (Booleen) False. Meaning that no existing item was found. That will prevent the Zap from adding the item in Monday.com if there’s already an existing one. You can learn more about setting up filters here: Add conditions to Zaps with filters

I should mention though that adding these additional actions would make the Zap a Multi-step Zap which is only available on paid plans. So if you’re on a free plan this may not be an ideal solution.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. Please do keep us updated on how you get on with this! 🙂