Question

How do I set the correct timezone in Zapier when formatting Calendly appointment times?

• 8 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I’ve been searching and not finding the answer to my problem so I humbly ask here.

Calendly sends over appointments, if I use the format tool to change from the long default time to M/D/YY H:MM[:space:]A it wants to set the time zone to UTC and I wind up getting times that are 8 hours later. It’s only when I use the format tool. How do I tell Zapier what timezone Calendly has specified?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @keithshapiro 

For us to have full context, post screenshots with how your Formatter step is configured.

Calendly returns the Event Time Zone in UTC, and returns the Invitees Time Zone.

Ok, here’s a screen shot. The last test(real test From Calendly through zapier destined for Notion )

Added to google calendar at the correct time

and finally in Notion

The first picture is the test record, not the result from the last test as it shows how the formatter is configured. Hope that’s enough info. Everytime I use the formatter, I have this problem. Just need a simple date and time and it’s beyond my scope.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@keithshapiro 

I recommend checking your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you trace and troubleshoot the root of the time zone issue between the apps.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

NOTE: The Invitee Time Zone from Calendly can be different from your Time Zone.

Notion may be doing another Time Zone conversion based on settings in Notion.