Skip to main content

i understand this is a request that has been around for a while and wondering if there is any progress yet?

I have a large zap with many steps to setup a group of new client folders when onboarding them, in summary the zaps...

1. Create a sequence of Google drive folders and are customised with the client name details
  2. Various template documents are added to the folders and also customised with client data 
  3. share permissions are currently set to allow access to “anyone with a link”

I really need to alter step 3 above to only share with a specific user via their email address, rather than “anyone with a link” as the folder contain personal information.

Is there any progress on this sharing capability being covered in Zapier?

Hi @JulieAL 

Good question.

You can try using the GDrive API via one of these actions: https://developers.google.com/drive/api/guides/about-sdk

Thanks for your advice @Troy Tessalone I will look into this as an option. I am concerned that I don’t have the necessary knowhow to use an API, my understanding of these more advanced techniques is very limited.

Julie

Hi there @JulieAL,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

It looks like the option to specify email addresses for link access is not supported at the moment. I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.

Thank you @ken.a hopefully this will be a feature soon.

Hi @JulieAL,

You are most welcome! I’m glad I was able to help by adding your vote to the feature request.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗