Best answer

How do I separate customer address fields when importing data from Acculynx to CompanyCam using Zapier?

• 21 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

The app I am pulling info from (Acculynx) is lumping the customer address (street address, city, state, zip) into one item, even though it was entered into that app as separate fields. When zapping, it then imports into the other app (CompanyCam) as one line item, and I want it imported as the separate fields. Is there a way for me to make that happen?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 21 February 2024, 19:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mkubina 

That can be challenging because of varying address formats. (e.g. street 2)

The address would have to be in a specific format.

Can you post examples of the data you are trying to parse?

Userlevel 1

Sure, and thank you Troy. In both the app I’m pulling from (Acculynx) and pushing to (CompanyCam), there are fields for Address 1, Address 2, City, State, Zip and Country. The app I’m pulling from (Acculynx) is condensing the address to something like this: 123 Main St, Apt 1, Anytown, AB, 12345, USA.

In Zapier when I am setting up the zap to CompanyCam, there are separate fields for each of these items, but since Acculynx is pushing the entire address as one item, I am wondering if it is possible for me to create some kind of command to split the address up into the different fields so it is not coming over in one lump. I hope this is a little more clear. Sorry if I am not explaining this well.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mkubina 

We would need to see real examples. (e.g. with and without a street 2)

Post screenshots with how your Zap step are outlined and configured to give us more context.

Action: Formatter > Text > Split

Split by ,

Return all as separate fields.

NOTE: You will get inconsistent results if Street 2 is not always present.

Userlevel 1

So I think I set it up correctly using Formatter. I was not aware of that app before. I ran a couple of tests with and without the second address line and it seems to be pulling correctly. Thank you so much for your help Troy. It is much appreciated :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an amazing news @mkubina! Big thanks to Troy for lending a hand here!

Happy Zapping! ⚡️