Question

How do I send Zoho order emails based on a specific template with Zapier?

• 14 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I have set up a few email templates in Zoho Mail. When I get an order from my online store, I select one of the templates to email the customer the necessary information. I want to automate this in Zapier, so I need Zapier to be able to select an email template based on a column in a Google Sheet file I’ve created to update whenever a new order is received. Is this currently possible? Or is there a way to achieve this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Digikeyshop 

To help us have full context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Hi Troy, thanks for your reply.

I haven’t successfully set up a Zap for this yet. I have set up a Zap to pickup the email notification from the eCommerce platform whenever a customer orders, and create a line in Google Sheets with the customer name, email address and the product they ordered.

Now, in my Zoho Mail, I have set up several email Templates that I use to email the customer based on the product they ordered (see screenshot).

Templates in Zoho Mail

What I’m trying to achieve is that when a new line is created in the Google Sheet (i.e. when a new order is received), then I want to create a Zap that will use the product to select an appropriate Template from Zoho Mail to create a draft email….

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @Digikeyshop, welcome to the Community! 👋

Hope you don’t mind me popping in here to see if I can lend a hand. I did some checking and I couldn’t see any option for the Create Draft action on Zoho Mail that would allow you to select a specific email template. There aren’t any existing feature requests open for that but I can definitely see how the ability to select a template when drafting a message would be super useful! So I’d recommend contacting our Support team about opening up a feature request for this on your behalf. You can do that here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

In the meantime, perhaps you could add some branching logic to the Zap to allow you to create drafts with different messages based on which product they ordered? Paths by Zapier would be a good option to try for this as it would allow you to handle all the different messages in a single Zap. See our Add branching logic to Zaps with paths guide for more details on how to set up paths.

That said, paths are only available to use on Professional or higher plans so if you’re on a lower plan then that might not be a great solution. There is an alternative way to add the same kind of branching logic that paths provides using filters (available to Starter and higher plans) across multiple Zaps instead. You can learn more about that approach here: Add branching logic to Zaps with filters

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any trouble on that or if there’s anything else I can help with just let me know! 🙂