Best answer

How do I send purchase event to Google Analytics 4 from Stripe invoice?

• 3 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to send a purchase event to GA4 when a Stripe invoice is created.

Example of the event:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/ga4/reference/events?client_type=gtag#purchase

When I connect GA4 in the Zap, I am selecting “Create conversion event for a property”.

The only field available in this case is “Event name”. Where do I set the transaction_id, items list, value, etc in the payload to GA4?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 3 August 2023, 11:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @svjb,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it looks like the "Create Conversion Event for a Property" action might not be the right fit for your needs, as Purchase events are not considered a property in the Google Analytics 4 API documentation. Instead, the best option would be the "Send Event" action, which, unfortunately, is currently not supported.

No worries, though! We have an existing feature request for the "Send Event" action, and I've added you as another interested member. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, there's some good news! Zapier now offers a new feature that enables you to make custom requests to APIs for certain apps. Google Analytics 4 is one of the apps that supports custom API requests. So, if you need a specific action that isn't available in an app, you might be able to build it using the API Request (Beta) feature.

As the API Request feature is quite advanced, I recommend reaching out to one of our certified Zapier Experts. They'll be more than happy to assist you in setting up that action. You can find them here: https://zapier.com/experts.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thanks for this very thorough answer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @svjb!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊

@ken.a Could I be added to this feature request as well? Would really like to be able to send over value from stripe for this conversion. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @Mike Shafland! Happy to confirm that you’ve been added to that feature request now. Can’t make any promises as to when or if it’ll be added but we’ll be sure to drop you an email once it is! 🙂 

Hi @svjb,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it looks like the "Create Conversion Event for a Property" action might not be the right fit for your needs, as Purchase events are not considered a property in the Google Analytics 4 API documentation. Instead, the best option would be the "Send Event" action, which, unfortunately, is currently not supported.

No worries, though! We have an existing feature request for the "Send Event" action, and I've added you as another interested member. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, there's some good news! Zapier now offers a new feature that enables you to make custom requests to APIs for certain apps. Google Analytics 4 is one of the apps that supports custom API requests. So, if you need a specific action that isn't available in an app, you might be able to build it using the API Request (Beta) feature.

As the API Request feature is quite advanced, I recommend reaching out to one of our certified Zapier Experts. They'll be more than happy to assist you in setting up that action. You can find them here: https://zapier.com/experts.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Hello, 

I have the same issue with tracking form submission from Airtable to GA4. I tried with "Create Conversion Event for a Property" action but didn’t seem to have the desired effect. Am I right or did I miss something ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Nanuqa,

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request for the “Send Event in Google Analytics 4”. While we can’t provide an exact timeframe for the features implementation. We will keep you in the loop via email once there is.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.