Question

How do I send individual lines from a Discord post into separate rows in Google Sheets?

• 25 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a discord post that contains multiple lines of data in this format: **val0** - val1 - val2 - val3 - val4 - val5

There could be up to 20 of these lines in each discord post.  Next, I used Zapier Text Formatter with a [newline] separator to get an output that breaks out each line as its own Item.  Now how do I get each Item into Google Sheets in individual rows?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @gmacker1 

Use this Google sheet action where you can map the line-items that you get out of the formatter step:

Thanks for the response.  This is what’s happening on my end.  Here is the output when I run Formatter.  It breaks the post into different lines (using the newline separator), which is desired. 

However, in the Create Multiple Spreadsheet Rows step, the output puts everything in a single row, instead of multiple rows:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @gmacker1,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I think you can get away without adding the Formatter step. Have you tried only using the “Create Multiple Spreadsheet Rows” action itself? If so, please let us know if the Zap only creates the data in one row.

Please keep us posted! 😊