Question

How do I send emails to multiple clients from one Zap using a Google Sheet?

• 20 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hey Zapier community! I've been using Zapier to automate my workflow, particularly when it comes to drafting emails for various clients stored in a Google Sheet. Currently, I have a separate zap for each row in my Google Sheet, which means a zap for each client. While this works, it's not the most efficient setup, especially as my client list grows.

Here's how my Google Sheet is structured: Each row represents a separate client email and contains the client's name, subject line, recipient, CC, and the body of the email.

Now, I'm looking to optimize my workflow by consolidating all these zaps into just one. How can I achieve the same goal of drafting an email per client but utilizing only a single zap?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zp0309 

To give us more context, we will need to see screenshots with how those steps are outlined and configured.

@Troy Tessalone, Here is how I am achieving each email draft. I have one of these for each client and am looking to somehow combine them into one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zp0309 

In the GSheet you may need to add a lookup column that has a common value for the rows you want to retrieve. (e.g. STATUS = TRUE/FALSE)

In the Zap step 2 for GSheets, then you can search by that column/value to return all matching rows.

Then you can add a Looping - Create Loop from Line Items step before the Gmail step: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

You would map the data from the Looping step to the Gmail step.