Best answer

How do I send details from monday.com form submissions to Asana tasks?

• 19 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Hey there, I’m new to Zapier and I’m struggling with an integration.

My Trigger is a form is submitted on Monday.com that creates a task in Asana with the form submission details.

I’ve tested the Zap and it creates a task in Asana but with none of the details from Monday.com but some data I don’t understand... 

I can see where this is pulling from in the event description here, but I don’t seem to be able to change those fields… 

Any help on how I can make any sense of this would be massively appreciated!

Thanks folks.

icon

Best answer by annacookie 26 October 2023, 17:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @annacookie 

Good question.

Can you elaborate about what you are trying to change with the Zap?

Thanks for your reply. I want the Zap to pull in the details of the form submitted in Monday, into a task in Asana. At the moment, it’s pulling in a bunch of data fields that don’t relate to the form. So in terms of what I’m trying to change, I guess it’s the information/data fields that are being pulled across.

Does that make sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@annacookie

You can edit the Zap to then edit the Zap step to make the desired changes.

At the moment, it’s pulling in a bunch of data fields that don’t relate to the form.

Please clarify which specific fields you are referring to.

Thanks Troy.

Basically none of the Zapier fields in those screen shots relate to the fields in the Monday form, with the exception of People and Date. In the top screenshot of the Asana task created, you can see how many fields are left empty because the fields in Zapier can't find the data in the source from Monday.

The second screenshot shows the data fields Zapier is applying to the Zap. I don't know why it's pulling in those fields or how to get them to match the form in Monday. But aside from Date and People, none of the other fields match the data fields in the original form at all.

For example, the first 4 fields on the Monday form are as follows:

Name

Job Name

Form Date

Description

But I don't see that reflected in what the Zap is pulling in.

I hope that makes sense.

​​​​​​I hope that makes sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @annacookie,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I’m not really familiar with monday.com forms, but I have an idea. Could you please try creating a sample form submission in monday.com, and ensure that the form answers matches the form fields. For example:

• Form Field: Name - Form Answer: Name
  • Form Field: Job Name - Form Answer: Job Name

After that, please load in a new sample data from the trigger. This way, we can make sure that we’re choosing the correct fields and the fields matches when mapping it to the next step.

Could you please give that a try, and let me know how it goes!

Thanks so much for your help on this, I managed to get an expert to help me and we’re all set up. No way I could have done this on my own though, he’s a really experience coder and had to have a few goes! It’s all working well though. Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @annacookie! I’m glad to hear everything is not sorted out!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊