Question

How do I send data to Google Sheets at the bottom of the row?

• 21 August 2023
  • 5 replies

How do I get entries to google sheets to be composed from the bottom of a row and not versus creating a row at the top? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Brian T ,

Sure, but before that can you please tell me what are you trying to build? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Brian T,

Before we dive deeper, does your “Create Spreadsheet Row” creates rows at the top of your spreadsheet? If so, there are a few reasons on why is this happening:

• Column A is missing a header
  • Column A is being hidden

You can read more about this here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495995099533-Common-Problems-with-Google-Sheets-on-Zapier#rows-are-being-added-to-the-top-of-the-spreadsheet-instead-of-the-bottom-0-23

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Hi there @Brian T,

Before we dive deeper, does your “Create Spreadsheet Row” creates rows at the top of your spreadsheet? If so, there are a few reasons on why is this happening:

• Column A is missing a header
  • Column A is being hidden

You can read more about this here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495995099533-Common-Problems-with-Google-Sheets-on-Zapier#rows-are-being-added-to-the-top-of-the-spreadsheet-instead-of-the-bottom-0-23

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Thanks.  I have a column “A” header and the new entries are pushing the header down to a new row. I need to troubleshoot more.

Hi @Brian T ,

Sure, but before that can you please tell me what are you trying to build? 

Hi. I have a zap that starts off with a trigger of collecting basic contact data from a formidable form and then creating a row in google sheets. The row is being created but being placed into a newly formed row above the existing header in row 1.  The row should be created in the first blank row at the bottom of the list. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Brian T! 👋

Not sure if you’re already found a solution to this but wanted to hop in to share this help guide that you might find helpful on this: Rows are being added to the top of the spreadsheet instead of the bottom

Usually it’s down to an issue with how the spreadsheet has been set up. You can find out more about how to best set up your Google Sheets spreadsheet to work with Zapier here: Work with Google Sheets in Zaps

Hope that helps! If you’re still running into issues after adjusting the set up of the spreadsheet let us know - happy to help further!