Question

How do I send data from a new Google Calendar event to Google Sheet?

• 18 May 2023
  • 8 replies

I have an existing Google Sheet, which I would like to add a new row to every time a Google Calendar event is created, and input the details from the event into the Google Sheet.

How do I set up a Zap which will recognise that I need to both create a new row, and add data from Calendar event to that row?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Elle Jones,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Google Calendar (New Event)
  2. Action:  Google Sheets (Create Spreadsheet Row)

Does this sound like it would be helpful for you? If you need further information or more details about this suggested workflow, please don't hesitate to let me know. You can also explore more suggested workflows for Google Calendar and Google Sheets on our website at: https://zapier.com/apps/google-calendar/integrations/google-sheets.

Additionally, you might need to set up your Google Sheets as said in this help article if you haven’t done so yet: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276985101-Work-with-Google-Sheets-in-Zaps

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊

Hi there,

Thank you, I have been able to create a Zap which creates the new row, but I haven't been able to figure out how to then input data from the Google Calendar into that new row. 

Hi there,

Thank you, I have been able to create a Zap which creates the new row, but I haven't been able to figure out how to then input data from the Google Calendar into that new row. 

To clarify, I have been able to tell Zapier to input data into an existing row in the spreadsheet, but not to enter it into the blank row that was just created in the action before 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Elle Jones - 

Hmm this is strange. Can I please request you add some screenshots of your Zap setup so we can take a closer look? Be sure to omit any personal or identifying information when doing so! 

It sounds like we need to adjust the way the fields are mapped but I would like to be sure. 

I have a similar problem when I make the test it says "A row has men sent to Google sheets" but I do not see any new raw with data from calendar. 

Is there any specific header I need to setup to fetch the data from Google calendar?

I post a couple of screenshota

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @RicoWeb,

Your spreadsheet header looks great! Just a quick suggestion: Have you mapped anything in the fields of your Google Sheets step yet? If not, it would be helpful to map the fields with the data coming from your trigger. If you're interested in learning more about how to map fields on your action step, you can find detailed instructions here:

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

@ken.a thanks for your suggestion. 

The problem is that at the moment the action "Add new row in Google Sheet" does not insert any data from the google calendar event. So I do not think that mapping an empty google sheet may help.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd like to understand why the action does not fill my google sheet with data from Google calendar event.

Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @RicoWeb,

From the screenshot you've shared, it seems like you might not have set up any mappings in the fields of the Google Sheets action step. Mapping fields is a crucial step because it enables you to send data between apps.

We've got you covered with a comprehensive guide in our help documentation: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496343026701-Send-data-between-steps-by-mapping-fields

Hopefully, this clears everything up. 😊