Best answer

How do I send custom Calendly booking info (customer & organization) to create linked Pipedrive deals?

• 14 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I’m currently working on an automation. I’m trying to link Calendly and Pipedrive so that when someone book a meeting with me it check on my database if that customer (+ his organization) is alreaky known. If they’re new it create a new 1. Customer 2. Organization 3. Deal

To create these 3 things Zapier use the calendly info the customer wrote before booking the meeting.

But to my surprise you can’t send that much information to Pipedrive with Zapier (for example you can’t link the new organization to a person when it’s a crucial thing on Pipedrive).

So i was wondering if there’s a way to add custom parameters with custom value to send to Pipedrive.

Thanks everyone for reading / answering :)

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 March 2024, 11:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community, @Tibo75017! 👋

I’m not sure you’d need to use custom parameters as it should already be possible to link the person to the organisation. 

To do that you’d need to first find/create the organisation before creating the person. Then in the Find Person action (that creates a person if one isn’t found) you can select the organisation by using the Custom value option to select it’s ID

For example:
209dab68c0270fdc77d8da4228ef7cbe.png

You can learn more about how to use that custom value option for dropdown fields like the Organization field here: Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps

Then, if you create the deal after the finding/creating the person a similar approach can be used to link the deal to the organisation and/or person.

Can you give that a try and let me know if that gets the person linked correctly?

Hi, 

After a lot little bit of struggle I manage to do it thanks to your tips. Now it’s working fine.

Thanks for your time ! 

Thibaut

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! 😁 I’m so pleased that it’s working now @Tibo75017 - great work on getting it sorted! 🙌 

Seems like you’re all set for now but please do reach out in the Community again if you need help with anything else at all. Until then, happy Zapping! ⚡