Question

How do I send automated text from my number when a form is submitted?

• 2 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to set up an automated text to be sent out when I receive a form submission on my website. In the form submission, the phone number recipient is listed, and I want to send a text to that number in the form from my number, not a random number.

Any help is much apprecaited!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @btillis94,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

We have a category of Phone and SMS apps here: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/phone

To send a text message from your number, you would need to sign up for one of these SMS services and configure it with your phone number if the service supports this feature. Each service has its own set of features and pricing, so you'll want to choose one that fits your needs and allows you to send messages from your own number.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@btillis94  Yes, it is possible to setup a zap for automated text messaging.

You need to use any SMS service provide right like - Twilio, Ringcentral or something else

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @btillis94 

FYI: There is new regulation that requires the phone number you are using to be registered and approved in order to send SMS.