Question

How do I send automated Mailchimp emails based on dates in Notion?

• 3 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I am looking to take a date in Notion, and send an automatic email from MailChimp on that date. 

For example, I have a Database with Upcoming Events. On X Date, I want to send an email reminder.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @bsmith070! 🙂

Perhaps you could add the reminder dates as events in a calendar app like Google Calendar for example. Suggesting Google Calendar here as I know it’s got a Event Started trigger. Thinking you could have a Zap that creates the events in the calendar when a new database item is added in Notion. Then have a second Zap that triggers when the event starts, searches Notion for the relevant details and then sends out the email reminder.

That sort of approach is talked about in this guide on how to set a delay for longer than a month:

Do you think that could work for your needs here? If I’ve misunderstood your requirements or you run into any issues in setting that up just let me know!

Thanks so much! Would I be able to send this say, day-of or the day before? Not just when the event starts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yes that’s totally possible, @bsmith070! 😁

You could create the event the day before it’s due by using a date modifier in the field where you’re setting the start date and time for the event. You can learn more about using date modifiers here: Adjust date and time values in Zaps 

Or, you can set the Zap that’s using the Event Start trigger to run 1 day before the start of the event like so:

ca17ef77577b10f7144cc4adfce8900e.png

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any trouble on that or have further questions just let me know!