Question

How do I send automated emails to customers when a calendar event ends?

• 9 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I want to automate the sending of to for my customers... i want a trigger immediately their service ends, which will be indicated through a calendar event ending... i dont know how i can include my customers emails even after the automation 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Lolu 

Welcome to the Community!

To ensure I understand, could you elaborate more on the issue? If you can phrase it in the “When A happens in Service X, B should happen in Service Y” format, that’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

I want to ensure we’re on the same page to point you in the right direction.

Looking forward to your response! 😊

Okay... thank you for the response... what I'm trying to make happen is that

"When a new google form is filled and automatically taken into a spreadsheet sheet, An email and sms should be sent to the email filled in through the Google form registration but the emails and sms should be sent after a while, indicated as well in the form registration"

For example: a customer fills the Google form with name, email and hours that an event/ service will end... an email and sms should be sent to the customer to leave a review on the service immediately the event ends.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Lolu, based off what you shared about, this is how would tackle this Zap. 

1. Use Google Forms to Google Sheets integration. Be sure to have a column labeled Email for mapping of fields purposes. 
  1. Send an email using Gmail after Create Spreadsheet Row mapping the Email submitted in the Email Column I mentioned including above, over to the appropriate “To” column in the Gmail Zap setup. 

As for SMS, I am not aware of an option that allows you to send out both an email and SMS at the same time, though someone else may be able to provide a way to do this. My workaround would be to set up a Zap that triggers after a new row is added to the same spreadsheet, and then use SMS by Zapier to complete the following: 

Let me know if you have questions on this or if I need to come back and address anything I missed!