Question

How do I send an SMS in Solapi using an email address?

• 20 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I use google calendar, gmail, google sheets,and solapi. If I only have an email address, how can i set it up so that an notification can be sent to the person through text.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @DFDFDFDFGFGF 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To ensure I understand, could you elaborate more on the issue? If you can phrase it in the “When A happens in Service X, B should happen in Service Y” format, that’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

I want to ensure we’re on the same page so I can point you in the right direction.

Looking forward to your response!

A student is late for class and we want the teacher to be able to send a notification to the parent that they are waiting in the google meet classroom for the student. Teachers don't have the ability to text parents directly, but they have access to the student's email address. What automation would you build?

I use Google sheets- has the students profile and info. Google calendar- has the class dates and times, gmail- the teacher has one individually, and soapi- use it to send sms texts to the parents.

How can I build my zap so that I can send a notification to the parent? 

How about this? 

Trigger & App: Google sheets trigger in Zapier (New or updated spreadsheet row in google sheets). Pick the correct spreadsheet and worksheet for the student Trigger column: Late 

b.      Connect Google Sheets + SOLAPI: Send SMS. Receiver's Phone number = Description of the event triggered above Your Phone number= our company Korean phone number Message: Hello student, your teacher is waiting for you in the classroom. The link is {{Google Calendar Trigger: Hangout Link}

I was thinking something to soapi but can’t think of the best way. Or if there is a way to write an email to the parents email and have it sent as a sms notification. 

Thank you. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @DFDFDFDFGFGF 

Jumping in to see if I can help!

You can use the Send SMS in Twilio action step.

e8426cdd572ecf4a195ef26807b50e42.png
You can choose other top notifications apps here.