Skip to main content

Hi there! I have a google sheet that automatically adds new rows of concerts in my area for each week every Sunday at 8:00am. I set up a zap to trigger an email, but it’s sending an email for every record, and I’d like to send one roll up (summary) email. Note: the google sheet has all records on one sheet and each week the new records get added to the bottom. Is there an easy way to do this? 

Hi @Youngah 

Look into using Digest by Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/digest/help

@Youngah 

Another approach that depends on how your GSheet columns are configured would be like this:

1. Trigger: Schedule - Weekly
  2. Action: Formatter > Date & Time > Format
    1. May need to get a date value to use to search new records by
  3. Action: GSheets - Lookup Rows
    1. Needs a common data point to lookup by each week
  4. Action: Gmail - Send Email

Hi there, @Youngah👋

Just wanted to check in here to see how things are going. Did you have any luck with those two approaches Troy suggested? If so, we’d love to hear which one worked best for you! 

And if you’re stuck at all just let us know and we’ll be happy to help further. 🙂

Hi there! Thank you so much for these helpful replies. I tried the zap table/digest approach from try first. I’m a bit stuck because bruise AI is dumping all records into one table row each time the task runs. Trying to get help from browse ai to solve that. Let me know if you all have thoughts. Here is a screen recording of my setup. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gko2I0Hbnlg09kXnjMtFv14uf82iklTc/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi @Youngah,

It seems that the data from the trigger is being returned as a line item, and the Zapier Tables app currently does not support handling line items. I recommend using the Google Sheets "Create Multiple Spreadsheet Rows" action to correctly send line item data to a spreadsheet. Like so:

cacd63c760752f06ce874bbfa6c6ec67.png
(view larger)

2a0c54e030c4c7ca7c3d54b4893d2847.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps.

Thanks @ken.a! How would I then get it into the zap table from google sheets? Main reason is that I’m trying to create a digest email. 

Hi @Youngah,

You can probably send the created rows in Google Sheets back to Zapier Tables by setting up another Zap like this:

1. Trigger: Google Sheets - New Spreadsheet Row
  2. Action: Zapier Tables - Create Record

Hope this helps!