Question

How do I send a Slack alert when an email is received by a Google Collaboration Group?

• 17 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to set up a zap so that any email sent to a shared google alias (collaboration group) triggers an alert in Slack.

It appears that I’m only able to connect my personal email and not the collaboration group. Is there a way to do this? I considered forwarding the emails from the collaboration group to my personal email, but I don’t want there to be a single threaded dependency on me (in case I ever depart the organization).

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @yreznikova 

Good question.

It’s likely the Zapier account that owns the email alias (possible a Google Workspace Admin) would need to connect their Gmail account to Zapier to be used as you’ve described.

Otherwise, setup an email account that is not owned by a person per se, something like “automations@XXX.com”, then forward emails to that account, which would be owned by the Google Workspace Admin, not by you in case of changeover.