Best answer

How do I send a quote form (Gmail) only to first-time contacts using Zapier?

• 11 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

“This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.”

Hi, I want to set up a zap that sends a client a quote form(via gmail), but only when they contact us for the first time using specific triggers. Currently, I have what you can see in the attached photos and unfortunately, it doesn't work. How should I set up this zap?

The data presented in the photo are my test data (test email).

icon

Best answer by Wojciech Kazimierowicz 13 May 2024, 20:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Wojciech Kazimierowicz 

Try logging emails in a GSheet, then use that as a lookup table to check against in the Zap for Step 3.

Use the Zap action: GSheets - Lookup Row

Check the box to create a row if not found.

That would indicate it’s the first email.

Configure the Filter conditions in step 4 to only continue if found = false.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Wojciech Kazimierowicz 

Try logging emails in a GSheet, then use that as a lookup table to check against in the Zap for Step 3.

Use the Zap action: GSheets - Lookup Row

Check the box to create a row if not found.

That would indicate it’s the first email.

Configure the Filter conditions in step 4 to only continue if found = false.

“This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.”

Unfortunately, Gsheet lookup doesn't work for me :( no matter if the mail column contain email or no, when i test the triger it add another same email.

Userlevel 1

ok finally working ;) THX TROY, without your help it would take much much longer(probably forever) :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for following up here @Wojciech Kazimierowicz to confirm you’ve solved this now, it’s much appreciated! 🤗 And thanks for helping out here @Troy Tessalone - also very much appreciated! 🎉

Please do reach out to the Community again if you run into further issues. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡