Skip to main content

Hello, I have a feeling that Zapier is the best option for this. I have a form on my recruitment website that includes several checkboxes for areas of expertise (7 to be exact). I want the user to receive an automatic email showing the information they submitted when they hit 'submit'. However, I'm having trouble with the checkboxes because I can't seem to send only the ones the user selected; instead, I'm getting a list of 'true' and 'false'. Is there a way to accomplish this in Zapier? I would be grateful if someone could help me out.

Hi @Ariel1993 

That will depend on how the data is structured being returned from the Webflow. (post screenshots)

And will depend on how you are trying to use the data in the email. (post screenshots)

You’ll need to convert each true/false into the desired value.

Options:

• Formatter > Text > Replace
  • Code

This is just a normal form from Webflow, 

and this is the email i get from Zapier, but I don’t know how to filter the selected “cheboxes” to show them in the automatic email.

@Ariel1993 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode along with the DATA OUT from Step 1.

Sorry is in german, but i traslate to english the most important or the part i have problems with. everything works well, everything works fine except the “area of experience part” first how do i filter the selected areas, and 2 how do i show the name of the area instead “true/false’, thank you for you assistance :D

@Ariel1993 

Best way to solve it is with a Code step: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

Or you would have to use multiple Formatter step. (e.g. Formatter > Text > Spreadsheet Style Formula)

Thank you, I am not so good with code, But i’ll try it, thank you for your help.