Skip to main content
Question

How do I send a daily email summarizing new stock updates from a Google Sheet?

• 29 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I get an email every time a product goes in (or out) of stock on my website. I have managed to create a zap that takes info from the (gmail) email and creates a new row in a google sheet spreadsheet. 

Format of spreadsheet is:
Date, SKU, Product-name, Brnad, Supplier, Status (out of stock OR in stock).

The zap is working well and all stock movements are recorded. 

Now I want to create a daily summary email that lists all new rows from the spreadsheet and sends them in a single email. 

Completely lost trying to get it to work, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Ninja Hippo For your spreadsheet, does the “date” equate to the date that the zap added the new rows? 

Yes, the email is sent as soon as the product is marked in/out. I get the email within seconds, and then the zap adds the row to the spreadsheet.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Ninja Hippo I think it’s possible if you have the updated date in the spreadsheet. But to come up with the email I think we need to do some simple JS code. Perhaps you can PM me just a few rows of sample data and then I’ll give you the script so you can append to the send email block in Zapier. 

@Ninja Hippo I think it’s possible if you have the updated date in the spreadsheet. But to come up with the email I think we need to do some simple JS code. Perhaps you can PM me just a few rows of sample data and then I’ll give you the script so you can append to the send email block in Zapier. 

Thanks for your response. I will PM you a sample just now