Question

How do I send a Chrome notification whenever I receive an email with a specific string?

• 23 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Is it possible to somehow send a windows/chrome notification using Zapier?

I would like to get a notification in windows/chrome whenever I receive an email including a specific string.

Thanks,

Chen

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @ChenChen -

Interesting proposal, I haven’t seen this requested before! 🤔

If I were in your situation, I would take a look at this page. You could try using New Email or New Thread in Gmail as your Trigger, and then Reply to Chrome from the Zapier Extension Integration. Want to give that a try? Let me know how it works out for you, super interested in seeing what comes of this!

Hi @ChenChen -

Interesting proposal, I haven’t seen this requested before! 🤔

If I were in your situation, I would take a look at this page. You could try using New Email or New Thread in Gmail as your Trigger, and then Reply to Chrome from the Zapier Extension Integration. Want to give that a try? Let me know how it works out for you, super interested in seeing what comes of this!

Hello, thank you for the reply.

I tried settings trigger to `Reply to Chrome` after receiving an email in my Gmail.
When I try testing the action, I don’t receive any kind of notification. I’m not sure in what form I should be receiving the notification, maybe some clarification about it could help.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@ChenChen I did some digging and this is what I found

The Reply to Chrome action will display a message in the Zapier Chrome extension.

Does this satisfy your needs? If not, we can keep searching and seeing if something else sticks, though it is possible that there is no current workaround for this, and may end up as a feature request in our system to let developers know that it is wanted by consumers. 😉

@ChenChen I did some digging and this is what I found

The Reply to Chrome action will display a message in the Zapier Chrome extension.

Does this satisfy your needs? If not, we can keep searching and seeing if something else sticks, though it is possible that there is no current workaround for this, and may end up as a feature request in our system to let developers know that it is wanted by consumers. 😉

Hello,

It doesn’t. I don’t want to trigger my zap through the extension. I want the zap to be triggered automatically whenever I receive an email.

I guess this feature doesn’t exist yet.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @ChenChen,

Thank you so much for this valuable feedback, this is how we build and grow Zapier! I've submitted it to our internal database, which our product teams use when looking to make improvements and changes to Zapier.

Thanks! 😊