Best answer

How do I search Monday.com's name/email column, match it to Stripe, and update a date/number column?

• 15 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to make a zap search for a specific item name or email in the email column on Monday.com and match it against the donation information on Stripe when a new donation comes in, then update that specific item’s column values in a date column (Last Donation Date) and a numbers column (Last Donation Amount). I’m essentially tasked with turning Monday.com into our new dashboard for our nonprofit. As much as possible needs to be automated going forward for our small staff.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 17 August 2022, 22:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Global Helps 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Stripe - New Payment
  2. Action: Monday - Get Item by Column Value
  3. Action: Filter
    1. Only continue if Item exists
  4. Action: Monday - Change Multiple Column Values
    1. Map the Item ID from Step 2

Userlevel 1

Thank you! It seems to be working. I’m going to run a test transaction and see how it goes through the automation. The only thing I am concerned about is in the final step when it asks for the required item ID, the list that shows up is a list of the names of our contacts.

The way we have it set up, each of our donors and leads are their own item on our main dashboard. When the Zap is set up this way, will it only update the specific name that I choose in the item ID or will it search and update any item in our main dashboard on Monday if it matches with the criteria from the rest of the Zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Global Helps 

Help article about mapping data points between Zap steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action

• Action: Monday - Change Multiple Column Values
Userlevel 1

I followed these steps exactly:

4. Action: Monday - Change Multiple Column Values

But the variables I want to map are not populating from the second step. It seems to me for this zap to work the way I need it to, Zapier must change the item ID it maps to depending on who the customer is when a payment comes through on Stripe because I need to change column values on different items depending on the data that comes from Stripe. 

The article didn't shed any new light on the situation, is there something that I’m missing or another resource I should be looking at? The way we have things set up, each item ID is the name of the customer with the relevant contact and financial data under columns in the same row.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Global Helps 

Try adding another Zap before Step 4.

Userlevel 1

Thank you. With this step added, I think I see what the problem is. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Global Helps 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

4. [EDIT] Action: Get Column Values
  5. Action: Monday - Change Multiple Column Values

Woohoo! Thanks for letting us know what worked for you, @Global Helps! So stoked to hear you were able to set this up. 🤗