Question

How do I search for a Slack message using data that has been already extracted by Zapier using another app?

• 21 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I am trying to add all the information needed for a cleaning team to do a changeover on a holiday let on to a Slack message/thread.

I have started this by extracting the booking details from the booking channel manager I use (Uplisting) - this provides basic information like the lead guest name, check-in and check-out dates and how many nights they are staying and post a message on a particular Slack channel 

What I need to do now is also provide the information on how many guests are staying and which bedrooms they are using. This information is provided by a different app (Aidaform) so when this form is completed, I am wanting to get Zapier to search for the original message with the booking details and add the extra details in thread. 

What I can't seem to figure out is how to get the Zap to search for the correct message. I thought perhaps it could search the name (as this info is on both data sources) but I don't seem to be given the option of searching for data from uplisting when setting up the Aidaform response as the trigger... 

Can you help a Zapier newbie trying to do something seemingly complex?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RufloreoStays 

You would have to use data from the AidaForm to search for the Slack Message that was created by Uplisting.

There should be a common unique data point used between those apps. (e.g. booking ID)

Try using this Zap action: Slack - Find Message

Yes, that's what I was using - the search Slack message function but it kept failing and not finding the message and I'm not quite sure why. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RufloreoStays 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap step is configured along with the matching message in Slack that you are trying to find.