Question

How do I search for a Copper lead using a phone number?

• 7 October 2022
  • 2 replies

We are trying to get add the content of a RING CENTRAL SMS to a lead/person in Copper added as a note. I can read the message content, but am unable to get it to write the note.  

I believe it was because it wants the ID of the person, which I don’t have from ring. So..  I created a lookup in copper, but work phone is not an option. Has anybody been able to do this?

My only options for the lookup?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @DevopsSOMG 

You can use Zapier Webhooks to create a web hook to search by custom field as shown here in their API documentation. 

https://developer.copper.com/custom-fields/general/search-entity-leads-people-etc-by-custom-field.html

The custom field in your case would be the Phone Number. BUT is it a text based field or a numeric field? Because in case it is a text field then it cannot be used in the search as per the documentation. 

sorry, haven't used Copper CRM before :) 

You can however have a work around but exporting this data to Google Sheets for example including the Copper CRM Lead ID field, then use this to link it back when receiving SMS. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for providing the webhook option, @MohSwellam !

@DevopsSOMG let us know if you were able to give the above suggestion a whirl and how it worked out!