Best answer

How do I schedule daily Google Sheets data uploads to Mailchimp subscriber list?

• 10 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I want the flow to be the following:

1. Every day (zapier schedule)
  2. Copy all new data added to a google sheets from the previous day
  3. Upload that data into Mailchimp subscriber list

I had steps 2 and 3 working before but we are now getting too may people sign up and we want to limit the uploads to our mailchimp daily vs every time a new row is added in google sheets.

Any help would be much appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 10 August 2023, 19:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alex B 

Good question.

It will actually use more Zap Tasks trying to schedule vs triggering once per row.

ZAP

1. Trigger: GSheet - New Row
  2. Action: Mailchimp - Add/Update Subscriber

This uses 1 Task.

So 100 rows = 100 Tasks.

ZAP

1. Trigger: Scheduler - Daily
  2. Action: GSheets - Find Row(s)
  3. Action: Looping - Create Loop from Line Items
  4. Action: Mailchimp - Add/Update Subscriber

This will use 1 Task + 2 Tasks per found GSheet Row.

So 100 rows = 201 Tasks.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone but I’m still struggling (my fault).

I want to add all new e-mails under the column headed Email each day but for some reason the test fails. I have attached a screenshot of the way in which I’m filling it out. I don’t have a day or date for the spreadsheet so maybe this is causing an issue?

Thanks again,

Alex

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alex B 

Make sure to review my previous comments showing how many more Tasks this approach will use.

You are trying to use the Lookup Column (Email) and search for a Lookup Value (Submitted At).

I’m guessing the Email column in the GSheet has email addresses and not values of “Submitted At”, which is why no results would be returned.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone so I just need to put in any random e-mail address under look up value here for it to work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alex B 

No, you’d need another column on the GSheet that has the date the row was added.

e.g. Run Today, find Yesterday’s Date